Looking for Best Foam Hospital Mattress…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It ranks medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great alternative for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most budget-friendly model, sold at price-points that have to do with half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are manufactured in the US and featured a life time warranty. The significant distinguishing feature among them is the distinction in mattress height, which is due to differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy procedures 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy supplies sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Since of its memory foam convenience layer, the Puffy provides sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. This layer provides cushion and nestles the body. The gel infusion is meant to help in reducing the amount of heat trapped by the mattress. Memory foam frequently traps heat, which can end up being a problem for sleepers who tend to sleep hot. This foam is engineered to supply extra support along the edges, though some people may still observe a bit sinkage while sitting or sleeping near the border.
Below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Climate transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than comfort layers, yet softer than assistance layers. They provide both support and cushion. Shift layers permit sleepers to feel like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Transition layers also help promote spinal alignment for side sleepers and lower pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ shoulders and hips. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the belly, so the spinal column remains straight. The Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers because of this dynamic.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Company Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits directly below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base provides assistance to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, particularly those who choose to sleep on their sides, also delight in the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t properly helpful for a lot of sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the marketplace in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulas, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand name exists to produce a “ideal” sleep system that is particularly targeted at individuals who have pain in the back.
All Puffy products are made in the U.S.A. and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Qualified. Puffy also offers a luxury mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social good front, Puffy partners with different nonprofits throughout the country to contribute bed mattress to kids in need.
- While much heavier sleepers might also delight in the Puffy, it is an ideal fit for those below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, provides lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers listed below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can sometimes establish pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy treatments this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at prospective pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in remarkable pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests revealed that the Puffy deals exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. Nevertheless, average-weight and much heavier sleepers may discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface, the Puffy is unlikely to use much heavier sleepers the support they need. At 10 inches high, its convenience layers might also be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be appealing to some people who sleep on their stomach, others will discover that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spinal column. Over time, this can trigger tightness and neck and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more inexpensive than comparable all-foam mattresses of its quality. All of the original Puffy mattresses are the same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Foam Hospital Mattress
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is terrific for a wide range of sleepers. I was likewise impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to assist resist memory foam heat trap. I also think the Puffy does a good job of minimizing pains and pains that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design. Best Foam Hospital Mattress